Examples of xian in the following topics:
- The General would then replace Emperor Shao with the Prince of Cheniliu, known as Emperor Xian.
- Xian would be the last emperor of the Han Dynasty.
- When Cao Cao died in 220 CE, Emperor Xian abdicated the throne, claiming that he had failed to keep the Mandate of Heaven.
Xian was one of the first Chinese travelers to visit India during the reign of
Gupta Emperor Chandragupta II.
- During his stay in India up to 411 CE, Fa Xian went on a pilgrimage to
Mathura, Kanauj, Kapilavastu, Kushinagar, Vaishali, Pataliputra, Kashi, and
- The Zhou established authority by forging alliances with regional nobles, and founded their new dynasty with its capital at Fenghao (near present-day Xi'an, in western China).
- After Cao Cao's death, his son Cao Pi forced Emperor Xian to give up his throne to him.
- He had a massive tomb created for him on Mount Li, near modern-day Xi'an, and was buried there when he died.
- Its territory, acquired through the military campaigns of its early rulers, rivaled that of the Han dynasty, and the Tang capital at Chang'an (present-day Xi'an) was the most populous city in the world.
- The spirit-soul, which went to the afterlife paradise of immortals, called xian, and the body-soul, which remained in its earthly tomb.
- Mathematician Yang Hui's 1261 book provided the earliest Chinese illustration of Pascal's triangle, although it had earlier been described by Jia Xian in around 1100.