Examples of censorship in the following topics:
- Censorship is the suppression of speech or other public communication that may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or inconvenient as determined by a government, media outlet, or other controlling body.
- It can be done by governments and private organizations or by individuals who engage in self-censorship.
- Censorship occurs for a variety of reasons including national security; to control obscenity, child pornography, and hate speech; to protect children; to promote or restrict political or religious views; to prevent slander and libel; and to protect intellectual property.
- Discuss the concept and implications of the gatekeeping process and censorship
- These actions might include censorship, expulsion, restrictions on political freedom, or violence.
- He argued that on an increasing number of "hot-button" defining issues, such as abortion, gun politics, separation of church and state, privacy, recreational drug use, homosexuality, and censorship issues, there existed two definable polarities.